We endeavour to make everything about our products as simple as possible, and tying your mobile is no exception. Here are some simple knots and tips to get your mobile up quickly and easily.
Our recommendations for putting your mobile together:
- Clip together all the parts.
- Tie a bowline knot (illustrated below) around the top crossbar ring using the long string included with the product.
- Feed the other end of the string over the hook/bar you will be hanging the mobile from.
- Once you've determined the height, tie a double loop knot (illustrated below) on the remaining end of the string.
- If possible hang the mobile on a lower structure within easy reach to attach the remaining objects. Tie a bowline knot through the rings of each object to hang from the crossbar.
- Attach the centre object to the crossbar using the bowline knot first and repeat for remaining objects.
- Gently pull each knot to ensure they are tight and secure.
- Trim any excess string but be sure not to cut too close as it may feed back through the knot;
- All done!
Probably the handiest knots you will ever learn. Not only is it strong and easy to remember (once you've done it a couple of times) but it's also easy to untie. This will hold together all the pieces of your mobile securely.
The double overhandThis knot is used to create a loop at the top of the mobile so you can slide the string over a hook.